Resilience Training – Building resilience into your business will benefit your people and your bottom line.
Have you ever wondered why some people are better at “coping” with life’s obstacles than others?
What about how some people seem to see the sliver lining in every cloud?
And why do some people have the ability to bounce right back on track following difficult times, and appear to be stronger as a result?
Well, the answer is RESILIENCE.
Resilience is the quality of being able to adapt well in the face of adversity, tragedy, threats, or even significant sources of stress — such as family and relationship setbacks, health problems, financial worries, or issues at the workplace. It means being able to get bounce back so you feel “back on track” with your life again following a difficult experience or time.
Being resilient does not mean that as a person you will not experience difficulties or stresses. Emotional pain, the feeling of being hurt and sadness are common in people who have suffered adversity or upset in their lives. In fact, the road to being more resilient is likely to involve considerable emotional distress and upset over the years.
Resilience is not a trait that people either have or do not have. The good news is that it involves behaviours, thoughts, and actions, all of which can be learned and developed.
We have developed a range of Resilience training courses that aim to equip the delegates with the skills that will increase their confidence in their ability to bounce back, and get back on track from the many pressures and difficulties that they may encounter in today’s workplace, and life in general
Programme 1 – ‘The Resilient Individual’
This course is for you and your staff if you are looking for ways to:
- Improve emotional well-being within your workforce.
- Increase performance and achieve better results.
- Reduce stress and conflict in the workplace, whilst improving morale.
- Improve workplace attitudes, behaviours and achieve a positive focus.
This practical and highly engaging training course will provide the delegates with:
- The tools, techniques, skills and the understanding to develop and maintain personal resilience.
- Practical applications, exercises and the resources to assess and action plan for further development of the individual’s personal resilience.
Delegates receive a course workbook which can be used and then revisited should they wish to improve on one or more of their resilience skills in the future.
Programme 2 – ‘The Resilient Manager’
The speed of change in business today can be quite breath-taking, with new markets, new technologies, new threats and new opportunities arriving daily. The need for your Managers/Leaders to be resilient has never been greater!
This course is for you and your Managers if you are looking to create Managers and teams that are: – FOCUSED, POSITIVE, FLEXIBLE, ORGANISED and PROACTIVE.
The Manager’s version of this course looks at things from the Managers/Leaders perspective, looking at how their own resilience skills can be supported and improved on, whilst leading others to achieve the same.
The programme offers practical applications, exercises and the resources to assess and action plan for the further development of resilience levels in your organisation.
This practical and highly engaging programme provides the delegates with an understanding of:
- Why resilience is so important for their own success and that of their organisation.
- How Managers/Leaders actions, behaviours and values can have an enormous adverse effect on the workplace, and the emotional well-being of their staff.
- The responsibility Managers/Leaders have in terms of creating a healthy working environment, a positive culture, and a shared responsibility for the future success of the organisation.
- A range of tools and techniques to develop and maintain their own resilience, and that of their teams.
For more information on the positive impact resilience training can have on your Managers and staff, please do get in contact.
As an optional extra, the course – Resilient Individual Training Programme can be offered as an accredited course. The accredited course is available at the following levels:
Entry 3 Level Credit Value 1
Level 1 Credit Value 1
Level 2 Credit Value 2
N.B. some additional follow up work will be required to successfully meet the criteria set by the Awarding Body.